Friday, August 13, 2010

Nice Day for a White Wedding

Have you ever seen a bride so beautiful?
A groom so happily endangered?

A mother-of-the-bride so radiant?
Or a father-of-the-bride so devastated to learn that his favorite flavor of ice cream has been discontinued.  Sorry Dad.  Thanks for breaking the news to him gently, Peanut.

And thanks for a beautiful day, Daisy and Adam.  A really really beautiful day.

 More photos here.   But you probably have to be friends or whatever.

__________

Clarifications and confessions:  I don't know if DBC ice cream has actually been discontinued.  But what else could make Dad's expression so grave?  Also, if you now have Billy Idol's White Wedding in your head for the rest of the day, you're welcome.  I had the same problem Daisy's wedding day.  No worse than the previous week, when I had Beyonce and all her single ladies dancing through my brain during our family sealing session.  Awesome.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anthony and Kristie said...

When the song was going through your head did you put your hands up:) I know you aren't single, but it is so hard not to put your hands when that song is playing.

Ree said...

I was not necessarily thinking of those songs, but I know I was thinking "I have never seen a more beautiful bride." What a great day.

Princess Gerty said...

Well, yes, thanks to CERTAIN PEOPLE who pointed out where all the single ladies were sitting, I also had to fight that song through the sealing! How funny! I am glad I did not have to fight the "white wedding". Seriously, it was a beautiful day. Thank you to everyone who made it that way--even Ree who helped us enjoy being in the temple longer! That was the best! Love you guys! Let's have someone hurry up and get married so we can have another excuse to get together!