Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The summer of sequels

I'm pretty excited for Shrek 3, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Oceans 13, Harry Potter 5, and Spiderman 3. Actually, I already saw the Spiderman one, and I'm not sure if I'll catch any others right away, but they've definitely got me in the mood for summer.

In that same spirit, here's some follow up info from previous posts. Yeah, the boss noted our various frustrations with the moving process in her last post. That's probably enough of a follow up for that debacle, but I'm glad that we're pretty much out of the woods on that one. We've still got a lot of boxes lying around the house, but the nice thing is that we have an attic with lots of storage where we can stash stuff we don't want to deal with right away. So, yeah. The new house has its perks!

The sequal to my free offers post has been in the back of my mind for a while. I've wanted to put it on my list, but never gotten around to it. I probably still should give a more detailed story there, but for now I'll just say I got the king of all free offers--a $2000 gift card (intended to be toward the purchase of a plasma TV) and it cost me about $50 in buying trials of products I wasn't necessarily interested in. We switched phone service in the process and that saved us some cash, so that's good. All in all, free offers are a mixed bag since there are a lot of fine printed details that are easy to miss (and can make all your efforts in vain). So, I can't really recommend them without reservation, but I like 'em anyway.

As far as the diet goes, miraculously I haven't gained any weight back. I've been eating whatever I want (and what I want is seldom healthy) for a couple months now, and the bouncing back weight I was warned about has never come. I don't know why, but I'm very grateful!

I passed the dreaded board exam, Malcom now smells of skunk only at the rarest of moments, and the boss has turned back from a vampire into my sweet wife.

1 comment:

MMA Lady said...

Very cool especially about the $2000 gift card! We did have success with at least one of our offers - the one for the $50 gift card to Chili's. However, they were out of gift cards so we just got a $50 check instead, but I wasn't complaining about that! Glad things are moving along more smoothly, and less stinkily!