Friday, November 09, 2007

Bullet points

I haven't been blogging a lot lately, which is a shame because I see it as one of the best ways to keep in touch with family and friends who are far away, while at the same time keeping a record of our daily lives. Plus its a fun creative outlet and gives me a chance to write and stuff. So I want to do it more often. The trouble is, I'm a slow blogger. I ruminate for many hours about how and what to write, and then I edit and edit and edit some more. And then I publish. And then I may edit and republish several more times. This style doesn't work out well with two kids constantly clamoring for access to me (and, let's face it, the computer). I think of something I want to write about, but I don't do it because I don't have a long stretch of uninterrupted time to do it, and then days and weeks and months pass, and by Easter that post about my cute kids in their Halloween costumes seems obsolete.

But I want to get back on the blogwagon. Recently, I was really inspired by this talk, which made me think that I needed to restructure my blogging habits and express my gratitude more frequently. So I think that means more writing and less editing.

What that means for you is that you still have to leave frequent comments telling me I'm funny and my kids are cute, even if my posts are completely incoherent. Or worse: boring. Have we got a deal?

With that out of the way, here's a quick update on the topics currently in my mental file folders, marked with mental "blog this" sticky tabs.

  • It's already snowing in Buffalo.
  • Which is why I'm glad I'm in Hawaii.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

validated

Emmy said...

You're funny and your kids are cute. Plus, I don't think you are capable of making a boring blog. I mean..you're BOSS.

MMA Lady said...

Yay! It's a deal. I also agree. Boss and boring will never go in the same sentence! I love you and I love to read all your blogs. And I never edit. I mean, my spelling. But that's it. And only sometimes. So go for it! Write and write and write and we'll read and read and read and comment and comment and comment!!!!
And you are in HAWAII!!! How'd you land that gig???

CAROLIONESS said...

Hawaii! What is going on in Hawaii!?! Why didn't you pack me in your suitcase!?!

Anonymous said...

I think your kids are extraordinarily cute and I love your blog. It's the only way I can "check in" with you from time to time.

Ree said...

I have the same problem with blogging--too much editing and not enough time. Plus now I also have slower internet. But until I jump back on the blogwagon myself, I would be glad to read your unedited posts.

ps - you are funny and your kids are cute.

Princess Gerty said...

Please, give us more blogs! I am always entertained and impressed with your cute kids! You can not help but be funny. You don't have to be perfect for us to love you and what you post.

PS It's not snowing at my house and it probably won't (much to my kids' disappointment).