Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Three L's part II

It turns out it's been so long since Gertrude and I have been in the same place at the same time that I had to go digging for photos in the attic instead of the hard drive. I'm glad I did, though, because my treasure hunt turned up some great finds. Like these, from a (nearly) professional modeling shoot held in my bedroom in Arkansas in 1993.



These snapshots prompt many questions: Where's B? Where's my skirt? How is it that none of us received million-dollar modeling deals? And how come even when we're dressing ourselves up and taking photos for the specific purpose of being silly, Gertrude still manages to look glamorous and chic? Must be the genes. . . . No, wait a minute. We have the same genes, practically. That can't be right.

Here's one from Frogmorton Family Reunion the next summer. Obviously, space was at a premium. Personal space did not exist.

In this photo, Gertie has just told me something very scary. Something like "you will still be wearing that sweatshirt on a regular basis in fourteen years." Could it be true? Absolutely. By sheer coincidence, I'm wearing right this moment as I type.

Let's move ahead to our college days, shall we? Did I mention we were roommates freshman year? Good times. Good times.

Can you believe how small these dorm rooms are? Can you believe I thought our decor so stylish that it belonged in a dorm room decorating magazine or something?

Here's Gertrude all dolled up for the Helaman Halls Christmas Invitational. While her date complimented her on her collar corsage, he later confided to me that it made dancing with her a little bit itchy.

These are some of my favorite photos ever. They're from 2001, I think. We decided to hike up to Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon. We didn't get very far, though, on account of the snow.



So we had plenty of time to make Charlie's Snow Angels.


And pose for the camera. Clearly, Gertrude is too sexy for her sippy cup.


Here's Gertrude giving directions. I don't think B's convinced that Gertie knows where she's going.


But she did. They were going to South Jordan. To play Barbies.


And so, in summary: Gertrude is nice and nice looking. And lots of fun to have around. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Peanut said...

Happy Birthday, Gertie!
Good memories with those pictures--thanks Boss--some of my very favorites too.

Ree said...

What a fun trip down memory lane! I especially love those modeling photos, where Gertie outshined us all. Thanks for all the laughs! And Happy Birthday, Gertie!

B said...

As for where B was during the modeling shoot...I was banned! No, actually I stayed in UT to go to school, while my fam went back home (yes through AK)! When I saw those pics when Ree came to school, I admit I was jealous!

Thanks for these posts. I have been laughing so hard! Hope your Bday was fantastic Gertrude! You definitely deserve it!

Taffy said...

That was a lot of fun! Thanks for photo digging. (By the way, It looks like Barbies was in Spanish Fork.)

Princess Gerty said...

Oh, those laughs were well worth your digging, Boss! What a great Birthday present! I love you guys! (and I miss those crazy times with ya'all) My kids really liked the pics too.

B said...

Charlie's Snow Angels! HA!

Tara said...

I love the pictures- I have some similiar ones from my BYU days! BTW, I have a sweatshirt I've had forever that I still wear all the time, too!