- Our energy bill is now nearly as much as our rent was when we first got married about 5 years ago. This is a problem. The economy is a problem. We have little equity in this house and we may have to pay a lot just to get rid of it, considering what the market has been doing.
- We need a leader who doesn't speak with relish and political spin about new wars. But we also need a leader who will keep us safe.
- We need someone with common sense solutions to big problems like immigration, government largess, health care, and education.
- We need someone with the right combo of experience, success, and unsullied status as outsider.
- We need someone who isn't afraid to admit mistakes and humbly change course
We need Mitt Romney. We really do. I'm not paid for this and I'm not loyal to Romney for anything other than the selfish reason that I want our country to thrive. But Romney, clearly the best candidate, has been weighed down with all sorts of peripheral garbage during this campaign and needs all the help he can get going into Tuesday's primary.
If you have a minute, help him out by making calls for the campaign, talking to friends and neighbors, or just writing a letter to the editor. If you can't take the time to do all that, at least read up about the candidates enough to make an informed decision and be sure to actually go out and vote. Money helps, of course.
Thanks for putting up with my new-found political zeal. I've been an activist for several years for a few pet issues, but this is my first foray into politics. It's kind of a heart-wrenching endeavor when you open your eyes to the unfairness of the process. I hope everyone will pitch in for America. Romney doesn't need the presidency, but America needs him.