Friday, May 05, 2006

Done... sort of

About an hour ago I clicked "finish exam" on the computer screen of Hardin Library's East Commons. My dermatology grade was calculated with a whirring bar on the screen (I passed), and my medical school career was completed. I have no more clinics. I have no more tests.

It. is. over.

No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks. And then I drove home, got out of the car, and opened the mailbox. There, awaiting me was the inch-thick manual for the Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course I will be taking the week of residency orientation. I had approximately 15 minutes of free and clear guilt-free studyless time. And now it's over.

Welp. I'll be in the basement studying.

4 comments:

John said...

Congratulations on your 15 mins of free time, I hope you used it well.

Anonymous said...

Shane, we are so very proud of you and your wife and son. We are especially happy that for the next year of your "studying in the basement" that "the basement" will be closer to our basement. Congratulations for a job well done! Mom Henrichsen

Coach said...

Thanks! Everyone is invited to graduation on May 12. I don't expect anyone to come, since you all have lives, but I thought I would say so anyway.

Love you all.

Anonymous said...

That's great Shane. When I finished my Dissertation I had a similar feeling of freedom. And then was given a new calling.